Enjoy superior image quality and versatile connections with this WUXGA compact installation projector, which features LCOS technology, constant 5000 lumens brightness and a Canon quality 1.8x zoom lens plus HDBaseT and Wi-Fi.
- Achieve detailed, ultra-realistic images with native WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels) and Full HD capability
- Enjoy a vivid 5000 lumens constant* brightness and native 2000:1 contrast ratio
- Create smooth, seamless images with vivid, accurate colours using LCOS panel and AISYS technology
- 1.8x zoom lens with manual lens shift, zoom and focus for fast and accurate installation
- Connect to a wide variety of devices thanks to HDBaseT connection** and Wi Fi for wireless LAN with Network Multi Projection (NMPJ)
- Advanced imaging features include hardware edge blending, picture-by-picture and four corner keystone correction
- PC-free multi projection via USB using up to nine projectors
- HDMI and RJ-45 network ports
- Easy access to the lamp and air filter helps keep maintenance costs down
- Energy efficient with up to 5000h lamp life and only 30 dBA in ECO mode
Take a more detailed look into Canon XEED WUX500
Compact, high-resolution installation projector
Enjoy superior image quality and versatile connections with the XEED WUX500 compact installation projector weighing only 5.6Kg. It delivers bright, detailed, high-resolution images from both computer and video-based sources, with easy to read text and smooth graphics thanks to the native WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels) resolution, which also supports Full HD.
Canon’s AISYS optical system delivers a powerful 5000 lumens brightness and a contrast ratio of 2000:1 for clear images, even in high ambient light levels. The 1.8x zoom lens has a constant F2.8 aperture, so the brightness is virtually unchanged regardless of zoom setting.
Advanced LCOS panel technology
The LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) panels work in combination with the AISYS system to create outstandingly smooth, seamless images with vivid, accurate colours, which are free from the unwanted 'lattice' and 'rainbow' effects that are often seen with other panel technologies.
Powerful imaging features put you in control
A range of advanced features gives you effortless flexibility and control over imaging. Built-in edge blending and registration adjustment let you seamlessly blend images from multiple projectors, while four-point keystone correction helps keep your image sharp and precise even when projecting at an angle. Picture-by-picture allows projection from two digital sources (or one digital and one analogue) ideal for video conferencing.
The projector’s Canon quality 1.8x zoom lens delivers precise geometry, sharp focus and accuracy and is equipped with powered vertical and horizontal lens shift for superior installation flexibility.
Versatile connection options
Project still and moving images from a wide range of sources using an extensive choice of inputs. These include an HDBaseT connection** and Wi Fi, plus a Network Multi-Projection (NMPJ) function for easy wired or wireless projection over a LAN. There are HDMI and DVI terminals for digital input, while firmware can be easily updated via the USB port, which also allows PC free presentation directly from USB flash drives. The built in RJ-45 network port enables remote monitoring and control and supports the 'Crestron Connected'™ standard.
Energy efficient and easy to maintain
Energy efficient ECO mode delivers a 5000 hour lamp life and also reduces fan noise to 30 dBA for a quieter environment. Maintenance is simple with quick and easy lamp and air filter replacement in the installed environment.The WUX500 includes Canon’s Three Year Enhanced Warranty Loan Service that provides a next-day*** loan projector while your original device is being serviced or repaired.
A dedicated medical version is also available that offers DICOM 14 compliance.
- *Brightness may decrease by up to 5%. Based on a single image size.
- **See below for the confirmed compatible HDBaseT transmitters.
- ***Next day means that where possible, the loan product will be provided on the day after the repair request. If the request is received after midday, on a weekend or a public holiday, the loan product will be received within two days. This loan service is subject to full terms and conditions and is only available in certain territories.
Find out more about the Canon XEED WUX500, its features and what it can do.
For powerful brightness and a high contrast ratio
Full HD video reproduced in perfect detail
Industry standard control protocol
Compatible HDBaseT Transmitters
(Other transmitters may be compatible but have not been tested)
|Manufacturer||Type||Model Name||Connection via HDBaseT||Note|
|Crestron||Transmitter||DM-TX-201-C||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||This TX does not have an RS-232C port.|
|AMX||Transmitter||DX-TX||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||This TX doesn’t support RS-232C for the projector.|
|Extron||Transmitter||XTP T USW 103||No||No||No||No||*²|
|Gefen||Transmitter||GEF-HDCAT5-ELRPOL(S)||Yes||Yes||No*³||No||This TX doesn’t support RS-232C for the projector.|
*¹ Might not display at the expected resolution when some input devices are connected
*² This projector doesn’t support “Extron XTP” feature.
*³ LAN communication is not possible while the projector is in Standby Mode (TX does not support LPPF2 mode)
Default setting is LAN (Gbit).
Switching HDBaseT⇔LAN(Gbit), requires a restart of the projector.
XEED Case Studies
Gesundheit Nord Medical Centres
Canon’s video projectors deliver the sharpest images for the doctors in the ‘Gesundheit Nord Klinikverbund Bremen gGmbH’ group. Using Canon’s XEED SX80 Mark II Medical video projectors, it has modernised its day-to-day routine and digital X-ray systems are now used in daily consultations across four clinics in Bremen.Download the case study [English, PDF, 5MB]
inamo Restaurant, London
In 2010 over 90 Canon XEED projectors were installed at inamo st james. The projectors are part of inamo’s proprietary E-TableTM solution, which lets diners order their meal, choose a digital table cloth, watch a kitchen ‘ChefCam,’ and even order a taxi home, all through a projected display on their table.Download the case study [English, PDF, 5MB]